htmHeader


BSA Updated Easier Requirements for 2016!!!

The number of requirements you need has changed, all the activities on this blog are still good, they just changed how many you need to do and some slight wording changes. but please check the new Requirements above to be sure you don't do unneeded work.


Shortcuts:
Bear Reqs. Webelos 1 Reqs. Webelos & Arrow Of Light Electives Arrow Of Light Reqs. Miscellaneous

Friday, May 8, 2015

2015 new bear requirements and my notes links and suggestions on them



I'm a bear den leader next year under the new rules

I'm trying to get organized and get my head around the new requirements...Since I expect there not to be much available on the web, I am posting the new bear reqs here with my notes and links and as I gather ideas on how to implement them... I'm looking for simple doable options for each..

Some of these are Texas based, or Even Pflugerville based (the town I live in) but hopefully it will give you ideas on what to Google in your local area

If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to talk to me at caladin aht bz93 dawt com.
Where I list supplies it's the cheapest I've found that i think will work, but since I have amazon prime, I'm strongly biased towards getting them there. You can probably find better deals off amazon if you search. what you are getting here is the pre searched results based on my criteria.

Amazon
Free shipped (usually prime)
Cheap
Will do the job IMHO.

Any supplies you can scrounge or keep on hand will reduce your costs a huge amount. I like to keep it simple and have the scouts show up with all the supplies provided.. though to be honest I'm not sure I can afford to do this under the new requirements. I'm gathering everything as I if I can afford it so that I can get what I need to buy easily.

I'm pretty handy so a lot of this I can fake, but I'm building this based on me having no time to pre build stuff.



Bear Requirements

(2015–2016 Program Year)

1. Complete each of the following Bear required adventures with your den or family:
     a. Bear Claws
     b. Bear Necessities
     c. Fellowship and Duty to God
     d. Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
     e. Grin and Bear It
     f. Paws for Action
2. Complete one Bear elective adventure of your den or family’s choosing.
3. With your parent or adult partner, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect
Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide, and earn the Cyber Chip award for your
age.*

*If your family does not have Internet access at home AND you do not have ready Internet access at
school or another public place or via a mobile device, the Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be
waived by your parent or guardian.



First if you don't have it already earn BOBCAT

BEAR REQUIRED ADVENTURES

 If the title of the Adventure has been converted to a link, it means this adventure has be split off into it's own blog post so folks can find it easier.

Links to Requirements moved to blog post:

Bear Adventure: Bear Claws

 

BEAR ELECTIVE ADVENTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment